Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Senior Project 2

From Evernote:

MOUSE Squad Ideas

How am I Doing?
Random memory: when I was young, Computer Class was my favorite subject because that was the only class whose room had air conditioners (to keep the computers cool). In such a hot country as the Philippines, having an air-conditioned room was pure bliss! Nevertheless, I was also very fond of technology and it seemed to come to me naturally compared to kids my age. But this is just part of my romance story with computers.

But I digress. In this blog post, I want to talk about logistics.

The program coordinator says I can contribute ideas to engage the kids if I see something useful at Vallemar. I'm thinking of perhaps introducing these kids to games that not only are fun, but also educational (that's what they seem to be most interested in doing). Perhaps maybe let them play some typing games to enhance their typing skills (many of them expressed interest in touch typing) or didactic ones such as Orisinal or Neopets. Maybe I can also create diagrams and figures to teach them like my teachers used to teach me in the good old days!! One thing I have to make sure, though: try not to rush through things and make sure that the kids actually learn and take something from the lessons, and not just stare at it and completely forget!

Date of Service: April 5, 2011
Time Spent: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour out of 15 hours [Community Service]

Action:
  1. Site introduction
  2. Getting to know the kids
  3. Getting to know the coordinators
Next Action:
  1. I plan to review and familiarize myself with the MOUSE Squad website.
  2. I plan to review the content the students posted online.
  3. I plan to look for more fun and educational stuff the students can do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment